Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Help Lord my doubtful heart

Lord, I know I haven’t been the easiest project lately,
I’ve fought You in everyway possible a rebel I’ve been completely.
I say I have surrendered, that I have given You my all,
I say that I’ve let go, and that I’ve given You control.
But although Yours I long to be, I just can’t get it right
Everything around me tumbles me over, and of You I loose my sight.
Lord I remember that one day, to You my heart I opened,
It was worthless, shamed, hurt and in a million pieces broken,
You received it in Your arms and filled it with Your strength,
To You it was a treasure you’d restore with Your grace.
Immediately You got to work and begin the clay to mould.
You’d picked me up from the ground, knowing iniquities I’d hold.
The scum of the Earth, filthy and wretched, it was my condition and this I never knew.
My prideful heart thought it was right until I came to You.
And oh that day I felt Your grace pouring over me,
What joy and gladness filled my heart, that day you set me free!
Then time went by and satan came my joy he took away,
all my sins he brought to mind surely trying to lead me astray
Therefore my Lord as I kneel down, to You desperately I implore,
It’s not too late I know You are there, please my salvation’s joy restore.
Am holding on please don’t let go, hold me with your unfailing love
I don’t mean to fight against You Father, for You alone are my only hope.
I know the words I am telling You, may sound contradictory,
And everything I am saying now, is all the same old story.
But Lord you know my heart and everything inside,
You know I truly love You, and wish to walk right by Your side.
You are able to overlook my fallen outs, my doubts and fears,
Though am unworthy you extend to me Your mercy and grace, and wipe away my tears.
Lord, break me in any way You need, and put me through the fire.
Mould me to be the perfect vessel for Your service, that’s my heart’s desire.
Don’t let anything come between us, don’t allow me to be stubborn,
Take from me all my weak links and use them for your honor.
Keep me Lord in Your word, everyday getting stronger
Always thirsting more for You, until I can thirst no longer.
Let me not look at my condition, though I may be in the middle of a storm.
Help me keep my eyes on You, faithfully becoming in You strong.
Like Abraham, I too believe, in hope against hope.
You stooped so low only for me, to feel Your perfect love.
To forgive me of all evil, and give me a brand new start.
To praise You, and worship You ,and from Your mercy never part.
I thank You for Your grace, the grace You extended for me to receive,
The mercy You provided to wash away my sins, and be able to believe.
Believe, to be able to accept that sacrifice done on Calvary.
Where You gave Your only Son to shed His blood for me.
There are not enough words, to thank you enough, and be able to express.
How grateful I feel, for I am truly, richly blessed!
And although satan comes and tries, to tell me that I am a sinner.
My sins are all under the blood, for all I’ve been forgiven.
And though sometimes me heart can doubt, and feel by him deceived,
When on my knees, You give me strength, You remind me to believe.
I keep on looking towards the cross, where once I was set free.
And with Your word, You promised me, satan would have to flee.
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.
I was lost and blind, but now am restored free to worship Thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment